1. Drink lots of fluids; it breaks congestion, keeps throat moist and keeps dehydration at bay.
2. Inhale steam either using a steamer or hold your head over a vessel of hot water and inhale slowly. However, be careful.
3. Gargle with a glass of warm water with one teaspoon of salt added it. It will soothe your sore throat and help cure it.
4. A small handkerchief with a dab of menthol, eucalyptus oil helps keep nose clear and keep breathing passage open.
5. Put an extra pillow under your head at night to relieve congested passage.