NEONATOLOGY AND PEDIATRICS
Department of Pediatrics at CIMS Hospital in Ahmedabad is one of the best amongst the state of Gujarat and has state-of-the-art equipment with highly-qualified consultants having out-door, in-door and emergency services.
Facilities & Services
The department of Pediatrics is amongst the best in India and has constantly updated its service component with appointment of super-specialists, which resulted in specialty outdoor services in Pediatric Cardiology and Developmental Pediatrics and Rheumatology. Some other specialty outpatient clinics are in pipeline, besides regular outdoor services operating daily excepts on Sundays. Well-trained neonatologist adds to the care of the newborns.
Well-trained critical care specialist pediatrician who handles every kind of emergency effectively. Besides, sick infants and children from other hospitals requiring advanced intensive care are escorted by the intensivist and transported in stable condition with adequate support during transit.
We strongly commit our self towards a fact – Healthy Children for Healthy Future.
CIMS-KIDS, the pediatric department of ours is ready to take a lead in pioneering world class Child health care services in Gujarat and Western India. We provide an accessible, comprehensive and sustainable ultramodern child health system with affordable care.
- Department Of Pediatric critical care Services
- NICU- Neonatal (first 28 days after birth) ICU:
Newly born can never be treated like miniature adult. They need special attention, care and sophisticated gadgets to cure them. We at CIMS have vision and focus for treating these tiny babies with advanced gadgets and support system with extremely skilled and child friendly team of Doctors & paramedics.
Medical support here involves the use of highly sophisticated artificial breathing machines called ‘ventilators’ which are connected to the baby’s windpipe through a special tube to provide Mechanical breaths to tide over the baby’s crisis. These machines pump a mixture of oxygen and air at carefully set pressures to inflate the baby’s lungs and in essence function as ‘artificial lungs’. Many such newborns also require ‘cardiovascular/hemodynamic support’ with medicines given continuously through veins with infusion pumps. The newborn’s vital functions and other parameters are continually ‘monitored’ on a second to second basis using electronic devices called ‘multipara monitors’. Sometimes the baby’s blood pressure is directly measured with a tube inserted into an artery, and the values are displayed on the monitor.
Premature babies do need highly demanding care for which we focus at the best scenario of providing them the most sophisticated care with facilities like Radiant warmer devices (which Keeps the environment around baby in a ” thermo neutral range” to provide adequate growth).
Oxygen delivery systems, specially designed ventilators and “lung support system (Bubble CPAP , High Frequency Oscillatory ventilators) to keep their premature lungs in the most possible ideal way. We have strict policy towards infection control with use high end 0.3 micron Hepafilters and isolated cubical arrangements of beds in ICU Set up to avoid cross infection.
Neonatal High Dependency Unit
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit
With the increasing scope of intensive care in pediatric practice and the advent of new technology, and tools, Pediatric Intensive Care has emerged as one of the most demanding, highly specialized subspecialty. Our PICU caters to the needs of children beyond one month of age and up to the age of sixteen years.
Children with critical illness, life threatening diseases, multiple injuries (trauma) sustained either through accidents, or diseases involving multiple vital organ systems are cared for in the Pediatric Intensive Care Unit. To our knowledge- The unit is the only one of its kind In western India to provide complete Pediatric Surgical support also under one roof(For example trauma, Chest surgeries, Pediatric cardiac surgeries ,Flexible Bronchoscopies Etc ).
We are equipped with state of art CT-Scan Machine and in-house radiology, pathology, microbiology support to aid in our diagnosis in this difficult subset.
Other Key features of Neonatal & Paediatric Critical care program.
- Highly Qualified intensive care team to treat critical neonates.
- State-of–the-art 13 bedded advanced neonatology setup, well equipped with conventional as well as high frequency oscillatory ventilation (HFOV-SLF 5000) with Nitric Oxide compatibility.
- Special respiratory care of premature babies with non invasive ventilation (i.e. bubble CPAP).
- Well equipped designated PICU (4 bedded- pediatric ICU) & 5 Bedded pediatric surgical ICU.
- Special care for infection control with 0.3 micron Hepa filters in ICU.
- Facilities for multi para invasive monitoring, peritoneal dialysis, bedside Ultrasonography, Total parenteral nutrition, photo therapy.
- Multi-disciplinary intervention program with facilities like in-house pediatric surgery, F.O. Bronchoscopy, Radiology.
- State-of the-art care for critical subset of disease. i.e. HMO, PPHN, Prematurity.
- 24 x 7 emergency support and transport team equipped with pediatric ventilators.
- Perinatal high –risk pregnancy consultation
Dedicated in-house pediatric cardiology Unit
- Daily dedicated pediatric cardiology OPD
- State-of-the-art echocardiography machine (IE33) with real-time 3D echocardiography
- Pediatric/Infant trans-esophageal echocardiography Fetal medicine program
- Pediatric hypertension/ arrhythmia/ PPHN/ EHF clinics. Pediatric Interventional cardiology
- Complete Range of Neonatal and pediatric interventions.
- Pediatric cath lab with attached ICU for early recovery.
- Pediatric electrophysiology, RF ablation and pacemaker therapy Department is constantly updating its service component to children under one roof of CIMS with making visits and appointments of Designated Pediatric Super specialties like Pediatric neurology, Pediatric Rheumatology , Pediatric nephrology , Pulmonology etc.
Pediatric Interventional cardiology
- Complete Range of Neonatal and pediatric interventions
- Pediatric cath lab with attached ICU for early recovery
- Pediatric electrophysiology, RF ablation and pacemaker therapy
Department is constantly updating its service component to children under one roof of CIMS with making visits and appointments of Designated Pediatric Super specialties like Pediatric neurology, Pediatric Rheumatology , Pediatric nephrology , Pulmonology etc.
CIMS Hospital has the best pediatric doctor in Ahmedabad and the team of doctors are rated as one of the best team of doctors in Gujarat. We have an entire floor which is dedicated to Pediatrics and neonatal care which is one of the best in Gujarat. CIMS Hospital offers the most modern equipment and around the clock care to ensure that babies are taken care of in the best possible way. Our emergency support and transport team is equipped with the best pediatric equipment which ensures that we are able to offer complete care to the child, especially during emergencies. We also have the top cath lab for pediatrics in Gujarat which allows for faster and early recovery for our patients. We are ready to take on the most complex of cases and have the best facilities ready for subset of critical and dangerous diseases such as HMO, PPHN, and prematurity cases. CIMS Hospital boasts of the best pediatric doctors in India and we are confident that we can help our patients in the best possible way.
CIMS Hospital was awarded being the best hospital in Gujarat for 2019 by the International Health Care Awards.
CIMS Hospital is a 350-bedded, multi-super speciality and regarded one of the best multi-speciality hospitals of Ahmedabad in Gujarat providing a range of diagnostic and treatment services.
CIMS Hospital has been awarded best hospital for quality in service delivery award at the ABP News presents Healthcare Leadership Awards 2015 held at Mumbai.
CIMS Hospital has been recognized as the Times Health Icon 2018 for being the best Hospital for Oncology and Critical Care. CIMS Hospital also was rated the Best Multispecialty Hospital in Gujarat at the International Healthcare Awards, 2018 held in Delhi.
CIMS Hospital provides world-class treatment and healthcare services in India and the leading heart hospital in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. CIMS Hospital offers the highest quality services and offers treatment to most diseases and medical problems with one of the highest success rates in India.
Care Institute of Medical Sciences
Off Science City Road, Sola, Ahmedabad – 380060