Pulmonology is the specialty that deals with diseases of the respiratory tract and respiratory disease. It is called as chest medicine or respiratory medicine which often involves evaluation of the upper respiratory tract (nose, pharynx and throat) as well as the lung.
Due to increasing urbanization, pollution is also increasing and the incidence of smoking is on the rise. This leads to an increased rate of people suffering from lung diseases.
Fortunately, outlook for people with this disease has been improving, due to more awareness, newer diagnostic modalities and more effective medical treatments.
CIMS Pulmonary Medicine department deals with all kind of lung problems from simple to complex. It deals primarily with following diseases:
- Allergic rhinitis
- Bronchial asthma – from simple to resistant Asthma
- COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
- Pulmonary tuberculosis – simple, MDR and XDR TB
- Interstitial lung diseases
- Pulmonary embolism
- Pneumonia – simple as well as serious pneumonia
- Occupational lung diseases
- Pleural diseases
- All kind of critically ill patient with respiratory problems
- Lung cancer
- Snoring and sleep apnea syndrome
- Any other rare, undiagnosed and complicated lung disease
Procedure / Facilities Available
- PFT-Basic as well as advanced PFT which is essential for early diagnosis of lung diseases
- Interventional Bronchoscopy Center-It is one of best centers for bronchoscopy in India. Our doctors have extensive experience of bronchoscopy. They are also very good at interventional procedures like Transbronchial biopsy, Bronchial & Tracheal dilatation and Endobronchial stenting
- Medical Thoracoscopy-CIMS is one of the few centers where medical thoracoscopy with rogid thoracoscope is performed for diagnosis and therapeutic purposes.
- Sleep Laboratory-CIMS hospital have the technologically world’s best sleep laboratory for diagnosis of sleep apnea and other sleep disorders.
- Routine Pulmonary Procedures –Intercostal drainage tube insertion, Pleural fluid aspiration and pleurodesis
- Pulmonary Critical Care –CIMS ICU is Class 100 ICU with very low infection rate and very good survival rate for pulmonary critical care Patients
- Pulmonary Rehabilitation – Our pulmonary rehabilitation programme is specially designed for increasing the lung capacity of advanced lung diseases.
Photo: Asthma; Sleep Apnea; Bronchoscope; Sleep Laboratory; Sleep Study, Theracoscope
Academic / Research
Pulmonary department is organizing a yearly conference dedicated to pulmonology wherein India’s and world’s best doctors are invited to deliver lectures. In this conference, the latest modalities of the treatment in pulmonary medicine is discussed. Our doctors also go to attend and deliver lectures in various state, national and international conferences.
Pulmonary Medicine department also conducts clinical trials of promising medicines for benefit of patients.
CIMS Hospital was awarded being the best hospital in Gujarat for 2019 by the International Health Care Awards.
CIMS Hospital is a 350-bedded, multi-super speciality and regarded one of the best multi-speciality hospitals of Ahmedabad in Gujarat providing a range of diagnostic and treatment services.
CIMS Hospital has been awarded best hospital for quality in service delivery award at the ABP News presents Healthcare Leadership Awards 2015 held at Mumbai.
CIMS Hospital has been recognized as the Times Health Icon 2018 for being the best Hospital for Oncology and Critical Care. CIMS Hospital also was rated the Best Multispecialty Hospital in Gujarat at the International Healthcare Awards, 2018 held in Delhi.
CIMS Hospital provides world-class treatment and healthcare services in India and the leading heart hospital in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. CIMS Hospital offers the highest quality services and offers treatment to most diseases and medical problems with one of the highest success rates in India.
Care Institute of Medical Sciences
Off Science City Road, Sola, Ahmedabad – 380060
Dr. Devang Bhavsar
Dr. Maulik Bhensdadia
Dr. Malhar Patel
Dr. Prapti Patel
Dr. Ashok Patel
Dr. Natoo Patel
Dr. Jayesh Patel
Dr. Tarang Patel
Dr. Darshan Bhansali
Dr. Mahavir Tadaiya
Dr. Rahul Jaiswal
Dr. Chirag Desai
Dr. Chintan Shah
Dr. Reedham Mehta
Dr. Manish Gandhi
Dr. Vatsal Kothari
Dr. Satya Gupta
Dr. Vineet Sankhla
Dr. Vipul Kapoor
Dr. Tejas Patel
Dr. Gunvant Patel
Dr. Keyur Parikh
Dr. Milan Chag
Dr. Urmil Shah
Dr. Hemang Baxi
Dr. Anish Chandarana
Dr. Ajay Naik
Dr. Kashyap Sheth
Dr. Divyesh Sadadiwala