Dermatology is a separate branch of internal medicine that deals with variety of disorders which affect skin/hair/nail/oral cavity.
At CIMS, we provide excellent treatment for different dermatological problems.
1. Chemical Peel
Different types of peel with different mode of action are available at CIMS Dermatology. They are used in various indications like:
- Facial rejuvenation
- To reduce facial blemishes
- Open pores, etc.
2. Acne Scar Treatment:
Acne is the most common skin disorder and can be defined as a chronic and inflammatory disease of pilosebaceous unit, generally found in adolescence with pleomorphic lesions like comedones, papules, nodules, and cysts.
Causes of Acne:
- Family/genetic history
- Cosmetic products
- Exposure to some chemicals
- Hot weather
- Poor hygiene
- Use of anabolic steroid
- Puberty and menstrual changes
3.Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP) Therapy:
Through PRP therapy, stem cells are injected in to damaged tissue that stimulates formation of a new tissue.
- Hair regrowth
- Dark circle around eye
- Skin rejuvenation
4.Hair Growth Treatment:
Various Mesotherapy along with PRP helps in hair regrowth.
It is an instrument through which different types of warts, moles are treated and removed without any scaring or pigmentation.
6.Intralesional Injection Therapy:
It is a therapy where injected directly into a lesion on or immediately below the skin for Keloids, Alopecia Areata, Hypertrophic Scars, etc.
For chronic debilitating disorders like Pemphigus Vulgaris, Psoriasis, Hidradenitis Suppurativa, etc.
Psoriasis is a chronic Papulosquamous Disorder. It starts at any age right from infancy to old age.
- It is a recurrent disorder.
- It can affect any disorder area of skin.
Mostly, seen over:
- Elbows, knees, scalp, feet, hands, nails, joints in adult
- In neonates & infants- diaper area, face, scalps are mostly affected
The affected skin looks Red & Scaly.
Prevalence in male & female is equal.
Age of Onset:
Mean Age: 23-37 years.
Early onset: 16-22 years – Severe & extensive course
Late onset – Milder form
- Likely result of genetic & environmental factors
- Unknown Antigen Stimulate Immune Response
- Skin Trauma
- Psychological Stress
It can affect joints too.
Investigation: Skin Biopsy to confirm the diagnosis.
Medication depends upon:
- Disease Pattern
- Site of Disease
- Associate Comorbid Condition
- General Measures and Topical Therapy
- Photo Therapy
- Systematic & Biological Therapy
Reduce/eliminate potential triggering factor:
- Approximately 70% of patients with mild to moderate Psoriasis can be managed with Topical Therapy alone.
- Regular use of moisturizer is essential and soap should be avoided
Different Systemic Therapy & Biological Therapy options are also available to control severe Psoriasis such as:
Newer Biological agent therapy:
Conclusion: Psoriasis is a chronic disorder occurs due to unknown antigen stimulation. It may persist lifelong, but it can be controlled and patient can lead a good quality of life with medication & general measures.
SUPERFICIAL FUNGAL INFECTION
- It is a highly prevalent disease now-a-days with a high recurrence rate.
- Inappropriate use of over- the-counter medicine for ringworm infection has made it highly resistant to proper antifungal treatment.
Causative agent: Fungus
- Hot & humid atmosphere
- Lack of hygiene
- Genetical Predisposition
- Presence of other co-morbid condition like Diabetes, Immunosuppression, Malnutrition
- Inframammary areas in women
- Palm & Sole
- Proper antifungal treatment for adequate duration is mandatory.
- Alongwith medication, few general measures also required.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Dry your skin well after bath or shower.
- Change your socks daily.
- Keep your skin around genitals clean and dry.
- Wear clean cotton socks & breathable shoes.
- Press your undergarments by turning them inside out.
- Visit a doctor if you see any signs of fungal infections.
- Wash all athletic clothes and undergarments after use.
- Dry your clothes out in the open sun.
- Don’t wear tight fitting underwear & pants.
- Don’t visit gyms, public pools or public bathing areas until your infection is cured.
- Avoid wearing the same clothing, and wearing occlusive clothing such as wet weather gear & nylon pantyhose for long periods.
- Don’t share towel, sheet, personal clothing & shoes.
- Don’t wear socks that cause your feet to sweat for e.g. nylon fabric.
- Don’t share hair brushes or combs or other personal hygiene items.
- Don’t keep wet clothes in the cupboard.
- Avoid touching pet with bald spots.
- Don’t cut nail cuticles.
- Avoid scratching your infection.
Skin Graft Procedure - CIMS HospitalYour skin has three main layers: the epidermis, the dermis, and the hypodermis, or subcutaneous layer, containing fat, blood vessels and nerves. The skin graft procedure to repair badly damaged or missing skin by transplanting healthy skin to the site of the damaged skin, is depicted.
CIMS Dermatology (www.cims.org)
Connect with us:
If you like this video, please SUBSCRIBE to the channel to receive more educational videos and please share with your friends and family.
A 350-bedded, multi-super specialty,– CIMS Hospital is one of the best hospitals of Ahmedabad (Gujarat) providing a range of diagnostic and treatment services.
Delivering the highest standards of global healthcare, CIMS Hospital is accredited by JCI – Joint Commission International (USA), NABH (National Accreditation Board for Hospitals & Healthcare Providers) and NABL (National Accreditation Board for Testing and Calibration Laboratories) for providing quality healthcare and patient safety across India.
Spread across two spacious and state-of-the-art buildings viz. CIMS EAST AND CIMS WEST, CIMS Hospital offers a combination of the most experienced doctors, latest technology and excellent infrastructure ensuring world -class patient care and treatment.
The Hospital has evolved a culture to deliver human and compassionate care to its patients.
CIMS Hospital was awarded being the best hospital in Gujarat for 2019 by the International Health Care Awards.
CIMS Hospital is a 350-bedded, multi-super speciality and regarded one of the best multi-speciality hospitals of Ahmedabad in Gujarat providing a range of diagnostic and treatment services.
CIMS Hospital has been awarded best hospital for quality in service delivery award at the ABP News presents Healthcare Leadership Awards 2015 held at Mumbai.
CIMS Hospital has been recognized as the Times Health Icon 2018 for being the best Hospital for Oncology and Critical Care. CIMS Hospital also was rated the Best Multispecialty Hospital in Gujarat at the International Healthcare Awards, 2018 held in Delhi.
CIMS Hospital provides world-class treatment and healthcare services in India and the leading heart hospital in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. CIMS Hospital offers the highest quality services and offers treatment to most diseases and medical problems with one of the highest success rates in India.
Care Institute of Medical Sciences
Off Science City Road, Sola, Ahmedabad – 380060