What is Trauma?
- Trauma refers to a bodily injury. It can be trivial (simple) to serious & life threatening physical injuries which can result in multiple complications such as shock, respiratory failure, neurological complications, organ damage and death.
- Road traffic accidents, burn injuries, sports injuries, accidental injuries, falls, natural disasters, communal violence injuries, industrial accidents while working, etc. are classified as trauma injuries.
- A person can suffer from Trauma injuries either at home, on the street or while at work. Any kind of trauma injury requires immediate care in a fully equipped trauma center in a top quality hospital such as CIMS Hospital in Ahmedabad.
Why does Trauma occur?
” At CIMS Hospital – our world renowned Trauma Center in Ahmedabad has a very simple plan. The goal of our expert trauma center in Ahmedabad is to provide treatment to a child within 30 minutes (Platinum Hour) and Treatment to an adult within 60 minutes (Golden Hour). “The Trauma Team in Ahmedabad at CIMS Hospital follows the world renowned ATLS (Advanced Trauma Life Support) protocol as per recommendations from American College of Surgeons for treatment of all types of Trauma cases.
Our excellent Trauma Team have a well-defined role in the evaluation of the patient.
- In trauma cases, it is crucial to reach right hospital at right time.
- The right hospital is the one which could accommodate accidental causalities and could respond faster to trauma injuries with the help of trained trauma care team.
- CIMS trauma care unit has implemented globally recommended “triage” system to prioritize patients according to their risk severities, illnesses, prognoses and resource availability for their access to emergency care.
- CIMS trauma center also provides post-trauma rehabilitation facility for ensuring complete recovery.
It is important to note that Trauma Care in India is not regarded to be very good, so we at CIMS Hospital made it a point to make sure that we invested our energy, time and money on building the very best trauma center in Ahmedabad and one of the best in Gujarat and India. We have handled the most trauma cases by a private hospital in Ahmedabad in the last couple of years with one of the best and highest success rates! By offering the best possible trauma care through our trauma center in Ahmedabad , we have been able to help save lives which is pinnacle to our success at CIMS Hospital in Ahmedabad.
Additionally, Glasgow Coma scale is used extensively to identify level of consciousness of the traumatized patients based on responses of eyes, lips and phonations and motor system including upper and lower extremities.
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation is an immediate care measure for patients with cardiac arrest-a common condition after trauma.
CIMS Trauma Center
- CIMS Trauma Center, the only exclusive Trauma Care Center in Western India, is well-equipped with latest technologies and personnel task force to provide seamless access to care in pre-hospital and in-hospital intensive care unit.
- CIMS houses expert team developed under transformational leadership of our qualified trauma surgeon with special training and official certification for compliance with latest versions of Advanced Trauma Life Support (ATLS), Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) and Basic Life Support (BLS) protocols
Our Services and Facilities
Ambulance & Emergency
- Hospital structure with ground level Emergency department; exclusive entry for ambulances sheltered from the weather and convenient access for ambulances
- Triage area equipped with latest health technologies and well-trained staff for immediate risk prioritization to render best of personalized care
- Eleven sophisticated patient beds with state-of-art trauma and life support system
- Emergency Operation Theater(OT) exclusively built for trauma patient, who requires urgent surgery in vicinity of Emergency Room 24×7
- ICU-on-wheels ambulances with all the latest equipments’ for pre-hospital care of trauma victims and pick-ups with India’s first CIMS Urgent Access to Care transport protocol
- Mobile unit with a defibrillator (to control heart function/rhythm), and a multi-parameter patient monitor to monitor ECG, noninvasive blood pressure, heart beat, pulse oxygen saturation, respiration and ventilator (appliance for artificial respiration) for real-time vital status with excellent IT setup
- State-of-the-art Pathology and Radiology Department with 24×7 back-up of all super specialists and full time critical care specialist committed to delivery continuum of evidence-based affordable care.
- Dedicated team for providing expert consultation on medico-legal cases
- Best, robust and reliable communication facilities ensuring dynamic trauma care delivery without delay
- Special training sessions empowering staff to perform patient-friendly, efficient and effective CPR
- CIMS Trauma Care Center is equipped with all essential resources for Extracorporeal Membranous Oxygenation (ECMO)” services for better patient outcomes.
CIMS Trauma Care: Temporal Trends
A unique program is undertaken by CIMS hospital to provide early awareness to the general public regarding the prevention and safety of traumatic incidents either at roadside, workplace or home by conducting seminars and conferences and distributing pamphlets emphasizing safe driving and sudden medical attention required to prevent negative long term psychological reactions.
Cases at CIMS
Case -1: RTA with Polytrauma
A 17-year old, normotensive and non-diabetic male patient with multi-organ injury resulted from Road Traffic Accident (RTA) was admitted with blunt abdominal injury and severe bleeding in peritoneal cavity, cut pancreas and separation of a part of right kidney with also cut in liver. He was treated by partial removal of injured part of right kidney, pancreas and also tying of separated parts of kidneys. Pancreas and liver were sutured with placement of two ROMO ADK kits. After standard treatment regimen, patient was discharged in a haemodynamically stable condition without any further leak.
Case -2: Gun-shot
A 55 year old male patient suffered from gunshot injury at right side chest and upper arm with clinical presentations of bleeding in peritoneum, holes in intestines and right humerus fracture with vascular injury with hypotension and tachypnea. CT angiography showed internal bleeding in abdomen, bullet tract in liver with liver injury, reduced blood flow in the artery supplying the arm and chest with no blood flow in the arteries supplying the lower arm. Surgical procedures included CRIF with repair of humerus, damaged arteries and liver drainage with transfusion of multiple blood products. After careful management including tracheostomy and STG over right upper limb with tube feeding followed by oral feeding under expert clinical observation by intensivist and nephrologist, patient was discharged in stable condition.
CIMS Hospital was awarded being the best hospital in Gujarat for 2019 by the International Health Care Awards.
CIMS Hospital is a 350-bedded, multi-super speciality and regarded one of the best multi-speciality hospitals of Ahmedabad in Gujarat providing a range of diagnostic and treatment services.
CIMS Hospital has been awarded best hospital for quality in service delivery award at the ABP News presents Healthcare Leadership Awards 2015 held at Mumbai.
CIMS Hospital has been recognized as the Times Health Icon 2018 for being the best Hospital for Oncology and Critical Care. CIMS Hospital also was rated the Best Multispecialty Hospital in Gujarat at the International Healthcare Awards, 2018 held in Delhi.
CIMS Hospital provides world-class treatment and healthcare services in India and the leading heart hospital in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. CIMS Hospital offers the highest quality services and offers treatment to most diseases and medical problems with one of the highest success rates in India.
Care Institute of Medical Sciences
Off Science City Road, Sola, Ahmedabad – 380060
Dr. Devang Bhavsar
Dr. Maulik Bhensdadia
Dr. Malhar Patel
Dr. Prapti Patel
Dr. Ashok Patel
Dr. Natoo Patel
Dr. Jayesh Patel
Dr. Tarang Patel
Dr. Darshan Bhansali
Dr. Mahavir Tadaiya
Dr. Rahul Jaiswal
Dr. Chirag Desai
Dr. Chintan Shah
Dr. Reedham Mehta
Dr. Manish Gandhi
Dr. Vatsal Kothari
Dr. Satya Gupta
Dr. Vineet Sankhla
Dr. Vipul Kapoor
Dr. Tejas Patel
Dr. Gunvant Patel
Dr. Keyur Parikh
Dr. Milan Chag
Dr. Urmil Shah
Dr. Hemang Baxi
Dr. Anish Chandarana
Dr. Ajay Naik
Dr. Kashyap Sheth
Dr. Divyesh Sadadiwala