Ear, Nose And Throat (ENT) Surgery
CIMS ENT Department is a state-of-the-art department with all advanced facility for treatment of ear, nose & throat diseases.
Surgical Management under ENT Department
- Coblation Tonsillectomy – Adenoidectomy (Blood Less Surgery): Tonsillectomy is the most routinely performed surgical operation in recent years. There have been lots of controversies about tonsillectomy techniques to provide better conditions with more benefits and less complications. For more than a century, traditional dissection tonsillectomy has remained the gold standard for tonsil removal. Traditional tonsillectomy leaves the wound open to heal by secondary intention, thus causing pain and bleeding as two major postoperative complications. Coblation tonsillectomy is a new surgical technique in which there is a significantly less intraoperative or postoperative complications and morbidity in comparison with traditional method. Coblation was associated with less pain and quick return to normal diet and daily activity.
- Micro ear surgery like tympanoplasty, middle ear ossicular reconstruction and micro laryngeal surgery with laser
- Tympanoplasty is a surgical procedure to reconstruct a perforated tympanic membrane (eardrum) or the small bones of the middle ear. Eardrum perforation may result from chronic infection or, less commonly, from trauma to the eardrum.
- Middle Ear Ossicular Reconstruction: The normal conducting apparatus of the middle ear consists of an intact tympanic membrane and three ossicles connected in series. Any disruption of these components can cause conductive hearing deficits. Tympanoplasty with ossicular chain reconstruction is a procedure to reestablish the connection between the eardrum and the inner ear through a prosthesis or reconstructed hearing bones. The main goal of this is to improve conductive hearing loss.
- Micro Laryngeal Surgery: It is a process that helps in the correction of the voice disorder or problem in the larynx. As the name suggests, Laryngeal Surgery is related to the treatment of the larynx or the vocal cords and involves the removal of the unwanted and unnatural growth in the larynx.
- Functional Endoscopic Sinus Surgery (FESS): Endoscopic sinus surgery is most commonly performed for inflammatory and infectious sinus disease.It is also done in cases of allergic polyposis. Endoscopic sinus surgery is reserved for patients with documented rhinosinusitis.
- Endoscopic Dacryocystorhinostomy (Surgical procedure to restore the flow of tears into the nose) Epiphora, or abnormal tearing, occurs because of blockage in the lacrimal drainage system, which impairs normal tear channeling into the nose. Recurrent infection may also occur as a result of the stagnation. The dacryocystorhinostomy operation, which involves fistulization of the lacrimal sac into the nasal cavity, may alleviate the symptoms. The operative approach to the sac may be external or endoscopic. The latter approach may use rigid telescopes or the microscope.
The endoscopic approach has several advantages, including the following:
- It provides a better aesthetic result with no external scar.
- It allows a one-stage procedure to also correct associated nasal pathology that may be causative.
- It preserves the pumping mechanism of the orbicularis oculi muscle.
- It is especially superior to the external approach in revision surgery.
- Because of the facility of the approach, the perioperative time is shorter.
Facilities and Procedures Performed
- Fiberoptic Laryngoscopy
- Endoscopic Nasal Examination & Nasopharynx Examination
- Audiometry (to test the hearing ability)
- Laser Surgery for oral pathology and laryngial pathology
- Endoscopic sinus surgeries withDebrider & Coblation Therapy
Dr. Devang Bhavsar
Dr. Maulik Bhensdadia
Dr. Malhar Patel
Dr. Prapti Patel Desai
Dr. Ashok Patel
Dr. Natoo Patel
Dr. Jayesh V. Patel
Dr. Tarang H Patel
Dr. Darshan R Bhansali
Dr. Rahul Jaiswal
Dr. Chirag Desai
Dr. Chintan Shah
Dr. Satya Gupta
Dr. Vineet Sankhla
Dr. Vipul Kapoor
Dr. Tejas Patel
Dr. Gunvant Patel
Dr. Keyur Parikh
Dr. Milan Chag
Dr. Urmil Shah
Dr. Hemang Baxi
Dr. Anish Chandarana
Dr. Ajay Naik
Dr. Kashyap Sheth
Dr. Divyesh Sadadiwala
Care Institute of Medical Sciences
Off Science City Road, Sola, Ahmedabad – 380060
CIMS Hospital was awarded being the best hospital in Gujarat for 2019 by the International Health Care Awards.
CIMS Hospital is a 350-bedded, multi-super speciality and regarded one of the best multi-speciality hospitals of Ahmedabad in Gujarat providing a range of diagnostic and treatment services.
CIMS Hospital has been awarded best hospital for quality in service delivery award at the ABP News presents Healthcare Leadership Awards 2015 held at Mumbai.
CIMS Hospital has been recognized as the Times Health Icon 2018 for being the best Hospital for Oncology and Critical Care. CIMS Hospital also was rated the Best Multispecialty Hospital in Gujarat at the International Healthcare Awards, 2018 held in Delhi.
CIMS Hospital provides world-class treatment and healthcare services in India and the leading heart hospital in Ahmedabad, Gujarat. CIMS Hospital offers the highest quality services and offers treatment to most diseases and medical problems with one of the highest success rates in India.