PREPARATION TIME: 20 MINS
COOKING TIME: 15 MINS
• 3 cups cooked rice
• ¼ tsp salt
• 1 tsp oil
• 1 tsp shahjeera
FOR VEG IN WHITE GRAVY:
• ½ cup chopped onions
• 5 garlic cloves
• ½ cup cauliflower florets
• 3 tsp ginger
• 3 cardamoms (eliachi)
• 2 cloves (laung)
• 1 bay leaf (tejpatta)
• 3 green chilies finely chopped
• ¾ cups boiled mix veg ( french beans, carrots, cauliflower, green peas and potatoes)
• ¼ cup low fat curds
• 1 tsp cornflour dissolved in ¼ cup low fat milk
• 1 tsp oil
• ½ tsp salt
• Heat the oil in a non stick pan and fry the shahjeera.
• When they crackle, add the rice and salt.toss well. Keep aside.
FOR THE WHITE GRAVY:
• Combine the onions, cauliflower and ¾ cup water in a vessel and cook until soft.
• When cooked, add the garlic and ginger and grind it into a smooth paste. Keep aside.
• Heat the oil in a non- stick pan and add the cardamom, cloves and bay leaf and sauté for ½ minute.
• Add the prepared paste and sauté for a minute or two.
• Add the green chilies, mixed vegetables, paneer, 3 tablespoons water and cornflour mixture and mix well. Simmer for another minute.
• Remove from the flame, add the curds and salt. Mix well. Keep aside.
HOW TO PROCEED:
• In a flat bottomed pan spread a layer of rice and top with a layer till all the rice and gravy are used.
• Bake in a pre- heated oven at 200^C for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve hot.