Besides medication, treatment of gastroparesis includes diet, medication, and devices or procedures that facilitate emptying of the stomach.
The goals of treatment include:
1. To provide a diet which is more easily emptied from the stomach.
2. To control underlying conditions that may be aggravating gastroparesis
3. Relieve symptoms of nausea, vomiting, and abdominal pain
4. Stimulate muscle activity in the stomach so that food is properly ground and emptied from the stomach
5. Maintaining adequate nutrition.