As women complete their families, we provide counseling and therapeutic management for mid-life women in the peri-menopause and post-menopause period.
Our services include:
- Breast Cancer risk assessment
- Cardiovascular risk assessment and advice
- Hormonal and menstrual disorders
- Use of bioidentical hormone therapy
- Medical treatment of urinary incontinence
- Sexual dysfunction
- Vulvar and vaginal disorders
- Osteoporosis prevention and treatment
- Nutrition and exercise to minimize health risks
Who should request a menopause consultation?
- Difficult menopause
- Serious mood problems
- Osteoporosis or risks for osteoporosis
- Alternative therapies for menopause symptoms
- Hormone therapy with a comprehensive discussion of their individual risks and benefits.
- Hormone therapy adjustment
- Low libido in the setting of menopause
- Premature menopause
Bone Density Test
Not more frequently than every 2 years for women over 65
A bone density test determines if you have osteoporosis — a disease that causes bones to become more fragile and more likely to break.
In the past, osteoporosis could be detected only after you broke a bone. By that time, however, your bones could be quite weak. A bone density test enhances the accuracy of calculating your risk of breaking bones. A bone density test uses X-rays to measure how many grams of calcium and other bone minerals are packed into a segment of bone. The bones that are most commonly tested are in the spine, hip and forearm.