- Run cold water over the affected areas. This is the most basic and oldest proven ways to help lessen damage from burns.
Pouring cold milk over the affected areas helps soothe the skin .
- Raw potato is said to be effective in curing minor burns.
- Raw potato will also help to curb any irritation around the wound.
- Aloe Vera is a good medicine to treat first degree burns in the case of cracker burns. Its soothing properties reduces the chances of having blisters too. First rinse with water before applying aloe vera juice.
- Vitamin E and other fatty acids in coconut oil offer anti-fungal, anti-oxidising and anti-bacterial properties.