Eat as many salads and vegetables as you want.
If you are a non-vegetarian, take roasted or boiled meat
and chicken dishes.
Have salad with little or no salad oil or salad dressing.
Use olive or mustard oil as they are cardio-protective.
Eat this daily but in limited quantity:
- Low or fat free milk, curds and cottage cheese.
Eat the following rarely:
- Pure carbohydrate food like sugar.
- Sugar-rich food.
- Refined wheat flour (like maida).
Avoid the following as far as possible:
- Saturated fat like butter.
- Margarine and animal fat.
- Sweetmeats, cake and cheese.
- Deep fried food
- Processed meat