Driving is possible for many years if your health allows and if you have decent driving habits. You will find driving easier and safer at an elder age, if you follow these guidelines :
• Decide routes where you receive less traffic. Drive at quiet times using familiar routes. Avoid driving in poor weather.
• Keep the windshield and lights clean. This makes it easier to judge distance and speed of other vehicles.
• Peripheral vision reduces with age so you need to turn your head further to see pedestrians and objects.
• Avoid driving at night because for elders their eyes do not focus easily in low light conditions.
• Never drive after consuming alcohol or any medication which might affect your driving.
• Have your hearing and vision tested on a regular basis.