PREPARATION TIME: 20 minutes
COOKING TIME: 10 minutes
• ½ cup wheat flour
• ½ cup jowar flour
• A pinch of asafoetida
• ½ cup dhuli moong dal-soaked for 1 hour
• ½ tsp cumin seeds
• ¼ tsp turmeric powder
• ½ tsp chilli powder
• 2 tbsp coriander chopped
• ½ tsp saunf
• 4 tsp oil
• Salt to taste
• 1 tsp ghee
• Sieve the floor and knead to a soft dough by adding enough water. Keep aside.
• Drain the dal and cook in 1 cup of water.
• Heat 2 tsp oil in a pan, add the cumin seeds, asafoetida, let the seeds crackle, add the cooked dal, salt turmeric powder, chilli powder and mix well.
• Add coriander chopped and saunf and mix well.
• Divide the dough into equal circles.
• Make half roti out of a dough and fill it will 1 spoon of the filling. Roll it again and make the paratha.
• Heat the tawa and bake the paratha. Repeat with others.
• Serve hot with raita or pudina chutney.