Winter Carrot Soup for your Soul
Cozy up this holiday season!
Carrots are packed with fibres and vitamins which are good for you.
It isn’t a secret that carrots are good for your eyes but they are great for detoxification and for a healthy digestive system.
A little known fact is that they give a feeling of fullness due to their high fibre content thus aiding weight loss.
Carrots come in many Varieties. Pic Courtesy – Wikimedia Commons
Carrots are great in salads and eaten raw but, a nice hearty bowl of soup always does the trick on those chilly evenings.
Try making our take on a Winter Carrot Soup at home.
Made with simple ingredients guaranteed to keep you warm from the inside and out.
Time For Prep: 15 Minutes
Serves: 2-4 people
- Heat oil to medium and add Jeera, Mustard Seeds and Ajwain.
- Wait for spices to crackle and release their aroma.
- Add the ginger and garlic and sauté for 2-3 mins.
- Add the onions and carrots and sauté until soft.
- While sautéing onions and carrots add salt, pepper ,sugar and hing
- Sauté until onions and carrots have caramelized.
- Blend with water or vegetable stock according to your desired thickness.