CIMS Good Health
The Power of Nature’s Antiseptic – Turmeric
The deep-orange pigment of turmeric is easily recognizable as it is part of most of our Indian cuisine. But it’s use as more than just an ingredient dates back to over 4000 years ago. It has had multiple usages ranging from dye to an antiseptic. It has been part of most religious events and holy ceremonies for centuries.
Turmeric has a multitude of components that make it the powerhouse spice that it is. This includes beta-carotene, ascorbic acid (Vitamin C), calcium, flavonoids, fiber, iron, niacin, potassium, zinc and other nutrients. But the chemical that is the most vital for its medicinal properties is “Curcumin” which helps target multiple molecules into our body at a cellular level.
Add Turmeric to your diet especially raw turmeric, peeled and cut and avail its benefits!!
Advantages of Raw Turmeric:
- Helps remove toxins from the blood stream
- Provides relief from stomach problems like indigestion and heartburn
- Anti-inflammatory properties – relieves arthritis inflammation and skin flaring
- Antioxidant rich – Good for your skin
- Perfect disinfectant for cuts or injuries