A Twist to the Idli
Moong Dal Idli
Moong dal :150 gms, Grated carrot : 3 tbsp- 45 gms, Grated cabbage : 3 tbsp- 45 gms, Ginger garlic paste : 20 gms, Besan (gram flour) : 30 gms, Curd : 50 gms, Salt : According to taste, Oil : For greasing
- Roast the moong dal in a non–stick pan till all the raw smell disappears. Cool and soak in water over night.
- Drain and discard the water, grind the dal and make a thick paste using little water, if required.
- Add the carrot, cabbage, ginger-garlic paste, besan, mix well.
- Add a little curd and leave the mixture for 2 hours.
- Add salt according to taste.
- Pour the mixture into greased idli moulds and steam them for 10-12 minutes till they are done.
- Serve with chutney or sambhar.
Approx. – Calories = 650 kcal, Protein = 38 gm.