PREPARATION TIME: 5 mins
COOKING TIME: 8 mins
• 1/3 cup rice flour
• 1 tbsp urad dal flour(split moong dal)
• 1 tbsp low fat curd
• 3-4 green chilies chopped
• ¼ cup green peas coarsely ground
• ¼ cup grated paneer
• 2 tbsp chopped coriander
• ½ tsp cumin seeds, crushed
• Salt to taste
• Banana leaves
• 1 tsp of oil for greasing
• Mint and coriander chutney
• In a bowl, combine the rice flour, urad dal flour, curds, green chilies, green peas, grated paneer, coriander, cumin seeds and salt and ½ cup of water. Mix well to make a thin batter.
• Cut the banana leaves in circles, diameter of your choice.
• Apply a little oil on each banana leaf.
• Heat a tava and arrange half of the banana leaf circles on the tava.
• Spread a teaspoon full of the batter on each leaf and sandwich with another greased banana leaf on top.
• Cook the pankis on both sides till light brown spots appear on the banana leaves and the pancake in between peels off the banana leaf easily.
• Serve hot with mint and coriander chutney.