Dengue is s a viral disease which is transmitted by infected female mosquitoes. It occurs in two forms: Dengue Fever and Dengue Hemorrhagic Fever (DHF) Dengue Fever.
Dengue fever is becoming an epidemic disease. In most of the cases, it worsens due to lack of knowledge. So, people should be informed about this disease, symptoms and what needs to be done by the public tokeep their area free of dengue as it’s a life threatening disease.
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF DENGUE FEVER
• High fever
• Severe headache
• Pain behind the eyes which worsens with eye movement
• Muscle and joint pains
• Loss of sense of taste and appetite
• Measles-like rash over chest and upper limbs
• Nausea and vomiting
SIGNS & SYMPTOMS OF DENGUE HAEMORRHAGIC FEVER AND SHOCK SYNDROME
• Symptoms similar to dengue fever
• Severe continuous stomach pains
• Skin becomes pale, cold or sweaty
• Bleeding from nose, mouth & gums and skin rashes
• Frequent vomiting with or without blood
• Sleepiness and restlessness
• Patient feels thirsty and mouth becomes dry
• Difficulty in breathing
It’s also recommended that people having fever should not treat themselves or buy drugs from medical shops but must visit qualified doctors. You can also contact CIMS hospital for the treatment.