CIMS Dermatology deals with the diagnosis and treatment of diseases of the skin, hair, nails and adjacent mucous membranes. Our doctors deal with problems in dermatology and cosmetology. The dermatologist at CIMS Hospital has the skills, experience and equipment to perform a wide range of dermatology treatments.
CIMS Cosmetology provides facilities in the following areas:
- Chemical Peel
- Laser Hair Removal
- Treatment of Scars
- Hair Transplant
- Skin Rejuvenation
- Skin glow
Acne is a common skin condition that appears during adolescent age due to hormonal changes.
Causes of Acne
- Family/genetic history
- Oily cosmetic
- Exposure to some chemical
- Hot weather
- Poor hygiene
- Use of anabolic steroid
- Puberty and menstrual changes
Acne can occur on face, back, arms, neck, shoulders, and chest.
People with acne can
- have low self esteem
- feel unattractive
- feel depressed
General principle of management
- Don’t use cosmetics and irritant oil over affected area.
- Don’t do facial, bleaching, clean up, steaming.
- Don’t use home remedies.
- Don’t pick/ scratch the acne.
- Always use sunscreen lotions.
- Wash your face regularly with prescribed product.
We provide local therapy with creams and ointments, acne pigmentation treatment, acne scar treatment and chemical peel.
A chemical peel is the process of applying chemicals to the skin with the intention of causing exfoliation, destruction, and/or inflammation of the skin in a controlled fashion. A chemical peel enhances and smoothes the texture of the skin. It is an effective treatment for facial blemishes, wrinkles, and uneven skin pigmentation.
What does chemical peel do?
- Removes dead skin cells
- Stimulates new skin cell formation
- Fresh, glowing and rejuvenated skin
- Lifts away dead skin cells
- Increases cell renewal
- Smoothens the outer texture of the skin
- Even skin tone
- Lightens and brightens the skin
- Firms and tones the skin
- Diminishes fine lines
- Minimizes enlarged pores
- Improves acne condition
- Promotes healthy skin
- Active acne
- Superficial acne scar
- Fine lines
- Photo damaged skin
- Skin rejuvenation
- Dilated pores
Laser Hair Reduction
Why laser hair reduction is better than other methods?
- Other methods are temporary; laser hair reduction is permanent.
- Laser hair reduction is less expensive in long run.
- Laser hair reduction is safe and effective.
Area where laser hair reduction can be done
- Face including area between eyebrow, upper lip, side lock, and chin.
- In and around ear
- Bikini line
- Arms including underarm areas
How does laser hair reduction works?
- Laser uses light of particular wavelength to target the pigment within the hair follicle and bulb.
- When beam finds the target, it heats up the tissue to destroy hair follicle and bulb.
- Cells responsible for forming and growing hair are destroyed.
Removal of scars
Know about latest treatment option to get rid of it.
Here are the treatment options
- Laser – fractional CO2
- Derma roller
- Laser – Fractional CO2
- Fractional CO2 helps to reduce scars by induction of collagen and elastin that are lost in scared skin.
- It stimulates to regenerate new skin.
- Dermaroller is a hand held instrument with a small drum with fine, small needles mounted on the drum.
How dermaroller works?
- Dermaroller procedure stimulates skin cells to form new collagen and elastin.
- Dermaroller rejuvenate the skin.
- SubcisionSubcision is a minor surgical procedure used for treating depressed cutaneous scars and wrinkles. Subcision is performed using a special hypodermic needle inserted through a puncture in the skin surface. Scar tissues are attached with lower tissue by a strand or septa, through this procedure these septa is destroyed by a needle.
Intralesional injection of chemicals to improve skin texture, to reduce skin pigmentation and to reduce severity of the acne
Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy (PRP)
Through PRP therapy stem cells are injected in to damaged tissue that stimulates formation of new tissue.
How is PRP therapy performed?
In PRP, patient’s own blood is withdrawn and platelets are separated from blood by specialized machine and then the separated plasma is injected back in to patient’s needed areas
- Hair regrowth
- Dark circle around eye
- Skin rejuvenation
Hair transplant is a method through which patient’s own hairs are transplanted form donor site to recipient site.
Hair transplant is a permanent cure for patient having androgenic alopecia.
There are 2 methods for hair transplant
- FUE method(Follicular Unit Extraction)
- Strip method
No hospital stay is required for the procedure and patient can resume his work from the very next day.
Botox injections are helpful to remove fine lines and the dynamic wrinkles. The required amount of botulinum toxin is injected in treat area with the help of specialised syringe.
Doctors in Attendance
Dr. Sneha Gohil